Wednesday 5 June 2013

invent your own cocktail




As you may or may not know (probably not know is most likely), I decided to make two lists of things I wanted to do this year and one of those lists was a things I'd like to do/try/learn.
Of those things, one of them was Make my own cocktail.

Now since I have no Idea of cocktails or the making of them, I hold out little hope of achieving this. I mean, do you need to send your potential cocktail to the cocktail creations and decisions board?

well that aside I thought I'd start with my favourite Rum.... Kraken Rum.
It's a dark spiced Rum with a picture of a mythical giant Octopus happily waving a boat around on it.

If you like spiced Rums such as Captain Morgan’s or Sailor Jerries then I suggest you give this one a try. It's good.

Cocktail number 1.
An interesting drink which comprises of Chocolate milkshake and Kraken Rum in a small glass and with a lemon on the side (make sure the lemon doesn't fall in or it will ruin the drink. It's always nice to have a beverage with an element of danger attached to it) which I call River Tees due to it separating ever so slightly and looking murky but still enjoyable... just like the river Tees in the North East of England.

Cocktail number 2.
A cheeky blend of Kraken Rum, Ginger ale, a quarter of lime and or lemon that has been squeezed into the drink then put in the drink and two drops of chilli sauce (Tabasco etc) in a tall glass.
I call that one Release the Kraken.
If these are already cocktail then I apologies and need to get beck to my cocktail based ruminations  :-) 
 
left - release the kraken

right - river tees








 

 The lime and or lemon is to, of cause, prevent scurvy




No comments:

Post a Comment