Friday 28 June 2013

Archery






 Yes I know this is a staged picture but I couldn't persuade the archery instructor to take a picture with us using the arrows. Apparently he was afraid we might try to kill his or something.

I leaned many things whilst doing archery.
One is that I have very little feeling in my arms as I capt catching them with the bow string on firing an arrow and not noticing... Only now has my arm stopped looking like that of a light heroin user.

I also found that my aim is good if I don't aim for what I should be aiming at, if that makes sense.
Plus that left handed people need to use different bows and that it is bloody hard to find arrows if they miss the target!

There were no fatalities in our group which was surprising as someone at one point turned around with an arrow knocked in his bow, waving at us all, saying is this right?

The experience was an enjoyable one. The feeling of standing with one foot forward and your body side on to the target, pulling back the bow bow and feeling the string resting on your cheek.

I have no idea weather or not any of the words I'm using to describe the bow are correct but never mind.



 This is what the bow did to my arm.






No comments:

Post a Comment